Intelligent Power Solutions to Decarbonise Rail
As set out in the Rail Technical Strategy and following the Transport Minister’s challenge to see all diesel-only trains off the tracks by 2040, RSSB is working with the wider industry to develop and deploy energy efficient, zero-carbon technologies.
A brokerage event was held on 30 October 2018 at the University of Warwick, where innovators, academics, members of the supply chain community and all interested parties were invited to:
- - Receive information about all current funding opportunities in the ‘rail decarbonisation’ space
- - Discuss specific challenges and knowledge gaps with industry experts in order to shape potential research proposals
- - Network and build consortia with potential partners
About the research competitions
At the event, we also launched two new research competitions to facilitate research and innovation in support of the industry’s decarbonisation challenge, aligned to the overall strategy of enabling the industry to be world leaders in developing and delivering low carbon transport solutions:
- - An RSSB-funded collaborative R&D competition for feasibility studies and demonstrator projects
- - A Knowledge Transfer Partnership call funded jointly by InnovateUK and RSSB
Please refer to the competition briefing document for more details.
How to use this interactive platform:
- - Watch the live recording of the information day
- - Interact with other interested parties in the ‘Networking’ area
- - Post questions to the experts on the 'Live Feed' page
- - Download useful resources
For any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Research
Download the following documents:
Information and networking event, 30th October 2018.Programme
Join the conversation on Twitter
Other R&D Competitions
Click here to find out more about other RSSB R&D Competitions.