Chiltern Railways and Enable iD
There is a lack of accurate information in relation to boarding and alighting. Staff and customers could access more information about services in order to make decisions ahead of time, for example knowing where there is available capacity on the train.
Smart-train provides the rail industry with accurate real-time Automatic Passenger Counting (APC) and vehicle status information, delivering a range of transformative customer experience, operational and commercial advantages.
- Exposes real-time carriage occupancy information of connected trains
- Helps passengers find available seats, whilst waiting to board or in-transit
- Streamlines people-flow and improves safety at the platform-train interface
- Reduces dwell-time time to support right time performance
- Exposes accurate train consist data (carriage order) for business intelligence
- Provides historic occupancy data for capacity and service planning
- Enables real-time occupancy information to be shared with channel partners
- Provides the source information for dynamic pricing and customer incentives